Please call or email the committee members of the Senate Public Affairs and Judiciary Committees and spread the word to friends and email lists. I hear there is a mounting effort to defeat this bill.
Here is the contact information:
PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
(Meets Tue., Thur., Room 321 & Fri. at 2:30 Room 303)
Senator Mark Boitano - (R) - firstname.lastname@example.org - 986-4366
Senator Mary Jane M. Garcia - (D)- email@example.com- 986-4726
Senator Eric G. Griego - (D) - firstname.lastname@example.org- 986-4862
Senator Cynthia Nava - (D)- email@example.com - 986-4834
Senator William F. Burt - (R)- firstname.lastname@example.org - 575-4344-1414
(Meets Mon., Wed., & Fri., at 2:30 .Room 321)
Senator Richard C. Martinez - (D) Chair - email@example.com- 986-4389
Senator Peter Wirth - (D) Vice Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org- 986-4276
Senator William H. Payne - (R) Ranking Member- email@example.com 986-4703
Senator Eric G. Griego - (D)- firstname.lastname@example.org- 986-4862
Steps to Passing Senate Bill 11
1. The bill must pass the Public Affairs and Judiciary Committees before heading to the Senate for a floor vote.
2. SB 11 must pass the Senate.
3. Bill then goes to the House of Representatives
4. It will likely have a new bill number and be assigned to House Committees.
5. The bill must pass the House committees before heading to the House for a floor vote.
6. The bill must pass the House vote.
7. Finally Gov. Susana Martinez must sign the bill.