We are NOT giving up hope that Jager can still be found:
Saturday, August 21...
A hiker called us because of our flyers and reported seeing a black dog up by the towers:
Here is the sequence of events as reported by the hiker:
1. I spotted the black dog being chased by a collie at 1 pm today.
2. The black dog left the road heading west into the forest following the direction of my arrow on the map.
3. My observation point was about 100 yards south of the dot, near the top of the ski lift.
4. As the black dog entered the forest, the collie stop chasing the black dog and proceeded south right towards me.
5. As I was petting the collie, a young man emerged from the forest from the northeast.
6. I asked him if the black dog was his, he said "what black dog?" He further explained that only the collie was his and he has not seen any black dogs while on his hike.
7. I called my wife from the base of the ski area and asked her to contact you via craigslist. (I saw your flyer weighted with rocks, at 11,600 ft at about 11 am, at the far-NE portion of the ski area, unfortunately I did not tear-off one of the phone number tabs).
You can download the above flyer here:
Jager flyer for pdf 001.jpg
Please feel free to download, print and distribute!